|English Name||Tokoyami Towa|
|Debut Date||January 03, 2020 (YouTube)|
|Member of||Hololive 4th Gen|
|Fan Name||Tokoyami Family|
(常闇眷属 Tokoyami Kenzoku)
|YouTube||Towa Ch. 常闇トワ|
|Age||17 years old|
"In order to become an archdemon, she joined the human society for further studies.
She should be studying but is now addicted to gaming. She realized that the method commonly known as "streaming" is also a way to communicate with humans. She is now in the "trial and error" process."
Tokoyami Towa (常闇トワ) is a member of Hololive 4th Generation and a "small devil" (小悪魔) from the devil world.
She often talks like a gyaru and addresses herself as Towa-sama (トワ様).
The hat she has on is actually her pet Bibi (ビビ), a guardian and protector given to her by her mother in order to look after her during her studies. When asked if there would be Bibi hat merchandise, she answered that there is only one Bibi and that he is not for sale.
She is an avid FPS player, with the current FPS games she usually plays on-stream being Valorant and APEX.
Despite being a devil, she is often referred to as an angel due to her behavior, much to her dismay.
Some instances of her angel-like behavior include:
- Having a healthy sleep schedule and the tendency to do early morning streams. Kiryu Coco has also questioned if Towa is actually an angel because of this on an Asacoco episode.
- Being known to cook healthy meals.
- Surprising her fellow 4th Generation Hololive members with cakes during the Hololive 4th Generation takoyaki party hosted at her place. She also washed the dishes afterwards on her own.
Her representative emote is a Space Invader.
Despite being a devil, Towa is extremely kindhearted and sweet. She usually treats her viewers and fellow Vtubers with care and good-natured respect, save for the few times that she remembers to act devilish and mischievous. Towa occasionally ends up asking her viewers and even occasionally fellow Vtubers for advice on how to act more devil-like.
Even though Towa may appear sociable during collaborations with other Vtubers, she can be very shy in unfamiliar situations. When being shown around the Hololive Office, she stuck closely behind Kanata, holding her hand and tugging onto her clothes. During another occasion with Kanata and Watame, Towa talked a lot, but started apologizing as soon as she realized she was the only person talking, though as soon as the conversation stopped she awkwardly tried to keep it going with weather talk.
Towa enjoys giving it her all when playing games. When she is upset by how a game is going, she tends to yell in frustration and despair. She once played Getting Over It with the condition of "the stream ends when I snap," but only managed to last 10 minutes before ending.
Yet despite her tendency to take the games she plays very seriously, Towa has a goofy, comedic side to her as well. Towa will occasionally break into different comedic impressions at times while she streams (including impressions of Mickey Mouse, Goku and Vegeta from the Dragon Ball franchise, or Shinji and Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion), while also copying or reenacting comedic skits that she's seen in the past. She has once spent an entire stream copying a Japanese comedian's skit with Dead by Daylight.
- Nov. 29 Twitter account creation date.
- Dec. 04 YouTube channel creation date.
- Dec. 27 Achieved a 10,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Jan. 03 YouTube debut and her first uploaded video.
- Jan. 23 Achieved a 50,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Apr. 05 Membership feature opened.
- Apr. 17 Achieved a 100,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- June 23 Achieved a 150,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- July 26 Debuted her 3D model.
- July 30 Achieved a 200,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Sep. 02 Achieved a 250,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Sep. 26 Towa's cover of "-ERROR" by "niki" reached 1 million views.
- Oct. 20 Achieved a 300,000 YouTube subscriber milestone during a karaoke stream.
For the main page, see Stream Rules.
Towa has the following streaming rules in her streams' descriptions:
🤝Thanks for watching my stream! I can only understand simple English, but I appreciate your comments and support. To help everyone enjoy the stream more, please follow these rules:
|Scene||Lines||Romaji||Meaning / Notes|
|Her greeting; a combination of konbanwa (good evening) or konnichiwa(good afternoon) and -yappi, her custom greeting. She uses ohayappi! (ohayo and yappi) on morning streams.|
|Farewell||おつやっぴ！||Otsuyappi!||Her farewell; a combination of otsukare (good work) and -yappi.|
|Scene||Lines||Romaji||Meaning / Notes|
|Waiting||トワまち / Towaiting||Towamachi||Waiting message, usually followed by a membership emoji. An alternative to Towamachi, is Towaiting, a combination of Towa and waiting.|
|See streamer greeting notes.|
|Farewell||おつやっぴ！||Otsuyappi!||See streamer farewell notes.|
- Tokonoki / Tokonose / Tokonokise - A group consisting of Tokoyami Towa, Kusunoki Sio, and Ichinose Uruha. Towa shares a close relationship with Sio, an independent Vtuber, and Uruha, a Vtuber from Lupinus Virtual Games (LVG). Their relationship is a teasing one, often poking fun at each other, especially towards Towa. They often play APEX together.
- Has a tag #トワ様塗ったよ (Towa-sama's coloring book) for fan colored versions of her drawings on Twitter.
- Due to a streaming incident, she once took a break for a full week. During this time she received encouraging messages from fans around the world, and responded with a message of her own.
- Has a Towaradio series where she answers fans' questions.
- Is sometimes referred to as TMT ("Towa Maji Tenshi," or Towa is really an angel), similar to Minato Aqua. Towa has insisted that her viewers should instead use TMD ("Towa Maji Debiru," or Towa is really a devil) instead.
- Towa very quickly grew attached to her one of her first few tamed dinosaurs in ARK, a diplodocus named Loveny, only for it to die to a pack of Allosaurus near the end of her stream. Swearing revenge, Towa would gather resources before eventually dedicating an entire stream to the suppression of the Hololive server's Allosaurus population.
- Towa is experienced with playing the social deduction party game Werewolf. She has previously demonstrated her skills of logic and deception during a collab on Kiryu Coco's channel.
- Towa is a fan of the Japanese rock band ONE OK ROCK, and has previously held a members only stream to watch one of the band's concerts alongside her viewers.
- Towa has stated that she is fond of dancing several times on-stream, including during her own debut stream. Before her debut, Towa once insisted on dancing with Amane Kanata as the angel Vtuber sang Luka Luka Night Fever during a karaoke session, and has opened her 3D debut stream to a dance routine of the song Wakusei Loop (惑星ループ).
- Towa cannot drink carbonated drinks as she tends to get hiccups from drinking them.
- Shares the same Illustrator with the following VTubers:
- Towa has stated that she likes puzzles.
- Towa has held two separate sushi-related part-time jobs in the past at the same time, in lieu of participating in any clubs during her time in school.
- Towa's favorite Pokémon is Mudkip (the Japanese name of Mudkip being ミズゴロウ or Mizugorou).
- Is one of the Hololive Production VTubers with a verified YouTube channel. Other verified members can be found here.
|No speculations and rumors, just fun facts!|
The following are a list of songs covered by Towa.
Here is a list of BGM used by Towa in her streams.
- God Knows Towa Cover
- That's Why I Gave Up on Music, Hibana, and Venom Towa Cover
- Rhythm Heaven Fever Endurance Stream