|English Name||Natsuiro Matsuri|
|Debut Date||June 1, 2018 (YouTube)|
|Live2D Modeling||Main: 入江燈|
New Year: vivi
|Member of||Hololive 1st Gen|
|Fan Name||Matsu-Lis (まつりす)|
|YouTube||Matsuri Channel 夏色まつり|
|Other||@natsuiromatsuri - OPENREC.tv|
|Age||16 years old|
"Festival night! Natsuiro Matsuri is here!"
"A rookie on the Cheerleading Team. Cheerful and affectionate, her pleasant attitude means she gets along with everyone. She has a lot of friends, and loves festivals and events."
Natsuiro Matsuri (夏色まつり) born July 22 is a VTuber under Hololive 1st Generation. She is a freshman and a member of the cheerleading club. She likes fun things such as festivals and events. Her name, "Matsuri," translates to "Festival," which suits the lively and cheerful theme around her. Because of this, her representative emote is a lantern often used at Japanese festivals.
Matsuri enjoys many types of games, such as simulation games, mobile games, and shooting games, though she has a terrible time with horror games. She has become very skilled at FPS games like APEX Legends and Valorant. She is also a good teacher, having been previously approached by some of her juniors to teach and help them in APEX. This includes Uruha Rushia and Kiryu Coco who are complete beginners to the game.
Matsuri enjoys singing and occasionally does karaoke streams. She is part of a singing pair MatsuRikka with Rikkaroid from Holostars. She gets along really well and does a lot of collaborations with Shirakami Fubuki, and the pair is usually called NatsuFubu. Another member that Matsuri gets along really well is Himemori Luna. They named their pair as FestivalLuna (フェステイバルーナ).
One of Matsuri's dreams is for her to become a voice actress, one that she has taken a number of steps towards fulfilling with a number of minor roles, including voicing a minor character in the mobile game "Brown Dust" (known as "Brave Nine" outside Japan).
Matsuri has a very lively, energetic, and chaotic personality. She is also very outgoing, having lots of VTuber friends outside of Hololive. While she refers to herself as "seiso", some of her actions suggest otherwise, like groping Hoshimachi Suisei's chest when they first met each other for an off-collab, doing pee-holding streams, reading Comic LO and many other events. Infamous for her playfully boisterous demeanor, Matsuri can often be found raising a stir when it comes to interacting with other Vtubers as well as with her own viewers.
However, underneath her outrageous actions and energetic personality, Matsuri is actually a very sensitive and kind-hearted girl. This can be observed on her Twitcast streams (audio-only streams), usually before sleeping or while she's in the bath. These streams are usually candid where she simply talks to her viewers about her inner thoughts. She also once called Inuyama Tamaki, an independent VTuber, at night until morning to talk about her worries as both an individual and an idol.
Matsuri is also seen as a very reliable person by both her colleagues and juniors in Hololive. Her name often comes up as the answer when the newer members are asked about the senpai that they respect and can rely on.
She is known to treasure her fans very much, and consistently interacts with them through self-searching on Twitter. She often expresses her love for her fans without reserve in both her streams and tweets.
- May 16 Twitter account creation date.
- May 24 YouTube channel creation date.
- June 01 Debuted on YouTube, and first uploaded video.
- Aug. 26 Achieved a 10,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Nov. 01 Revealed second Live2D outfit.
- Dec. 31 Membership feature opened.
- Jan. 08 Achieved a 25,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Feb. 14 Achieved a 100,000 bilibili subscriber milestone.
- Apr. 13 Achieved a 50,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Apr. 14 Debuted her 3D model.
- June 01 Held 1st year anniversary commemorative stream.
- June 02 Achieved a 70,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- July 22 Held a birthday stream.
- Aug. 06 Debuted her 3D swimsuit outfit.
- Aug. 27 Achieved a 100,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Oct. 24 Temporarily suspended activities due to health reasons.
- Nov. 02 Resumed activities.
- Dec. 08 Achieved a 150,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Jan. 01 Revealed New Years outfit.
- Jan. 24 Participated in Hololive's first live, "Nonstop Story", and debuted her 3D idol costume.
- Jan. 24 YouTube channel was erroneously demonetized due to YouTube's AI system.
- Jan. 28 Achieved a 200,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Jan. 31 Regained monetization for YouTube channel.
- Mar. 16 Achieved a 250,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Apr. 25 Achieved a 300,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- June 20 Performed 2nd anniversary 3D live concert, with Hoshimachi Suisei as a special guest.
- June 20 Released first original music video, "The Summer Flower I Gaze Upon with You (君と眺める夏の花)".
- June 23 Achieved a 400,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- June 26 Matsuri and Rikkaroid's collaboration cover of "Hakujitsu (白日)" by "King Gnu" reached 1 million views.
- July 08 Matsuri and Rikkaroid held a 3D concert with live piano arrangements, the first ever 3D Hololive and Holostars collab.
- July 22 Matsuri's cover of "Kataomoi (カタオモイ)" by "Aimer" reached 1 million views.
- July 28 Main Live2D model was updated to "Ver.2.0".
- Aug. 14 Achieved a 500,000 YouTube subscriber milestone on a Karaoke stream.
- Aug. 14 Participated in "ＮＨＫバーチャル文化祭".
- Oct. 14 Achieved a 600,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Oct. 28 Revealed 6th outfit.
- Dec. 12 Achieved a 700,000 YouTube subscriber milestone during a karaoke stream.
For the main page, see Stream Rules.
Matsuri has the following streaming rules in her streams' descriptions:
Thanks for watching my stream! I can’t understand English, but I appreciate your comments and support. To help everyone enjoy the stream more, please follow these rules:
Membership and Donations
Matsuri's membership has three different tiers: うどん (Udon), ハンバーグ (Hamburger), and 焼き肉 (Yakiniku), respectively. All tiers offer the same perks.
The loyalty badges of her members start as Sunagimo(The cat on her ribbon in her usual outfit), slowly turning to Ebifrion, and finally turn into Matsuri in Ebifrion's costume.
When thanking Super Chat donations, Matsuri's viewers will say うん (Uh-huh). This is because she once drunk-called Nijisanji's Yashiro Kizuku on a stream and made him stay and listen to her read Super Chats. He kept saying うん (Uh-huh) after each name she read, and chat eventually picked up on it.
Fans of Matsuri are called "Matsurisu (まつりす)," a portmanteau of Matsuri and "risunaa" (listener). As "risu" also means "squirrel," her fans are often represented as squirrels.
|Monthly Exclusive Stream|
Natsuiro Matsuri was part of a collaboration event in Dawn of the Breakers with Nakiri Ayame, Oozora Subaru, Sakura Miko, Akai Haato, and Shirakami Fubuki. The event ran from September 12th, 2019 to October 31st, 2019.
Natsuiro Matsuri alongside fellow members Shirakami Fubuki, Nakiri Ayame, Ookami Mio, Murasaki Shion, Tokino Sora and Minato Aqua, were part of a collab with Azur Lane called “Looking Glass of Fact and Fiction”, which ran from November 26th 2019 – December 11th, 2019.
- Matsuri's fans like to donate 7216 yen because 7 (Na from なな/nana) 2 (Tsu, how Japanese people pronounce the english word "two") 1 (I from いち/ichi) 6 (Ro from ろく/roku).
- Matsuri's fans tend to donate a "sneeze fee" (くしゃみ代) whenever Matsuri sneezes on-stream.
- Matsuri's favorite food includes ramen, sweets in general, and most famously, donuts. Matsuri is known to be a huge fan of the Young Donuts brand to the point that she and Shirakami Fubuki were able to participate in an official promotion campaign with the brand.
- The cat accessory on Matsuri's ribbon is called Sunagimo.
- Matsuri's real brother once joined her on a karaoke stream where they sang together. 
- Matsuri's pee-holding streams, which is basically a drinking game where participants must drink water every time something happens (like losing a game) and resist going to the bathroom, was originally a concept from Inuyama Tamaki.
- Matsuri's mascot is called Ebifrion, a creature that is part fried-shrimp (ebi-fry), part lion, thus the name. It can be seen in her Pajama outfit. Ebifrion speaks using a kansai dialect and with the voice of an old man.
- Matsuri's first original song was actually made by a fan for her first birthday celebration.
- Matsuri's favorite super chat color is Red, but will often tell viewers to not push themselves.
- Matsuri is extremely fond of Shirakami Fubuki, and has confessed her love for Fubuki many times. 
- Matsuri was the first guest to appear on Hoshimachi Suisei's Music Space, the radio show in which Suisei features as the main host or personality.
- Matsuri is a decent artist and occasionally draws artwork on stream or posts a doodle on her Twitter. She has featured in drawing collaborations with Inuyama Tamaki and Ushimi Ichigo.
- Matsuri has gone to a vocational school in the past and is a licensed electrician.
- Matsuri received a matching pajama as present from Luna on her 2020 birthday celebration stream.
- Matsuri's family owns a pet Pomeranian named Kuu-chan (short for "Cream" or Kuuriimu).
- Is one of the Hololive Production VTubers with a verified YouTube channel. Other verified members can be found here.
- Is one of the moderators in the official Hololive Subreddit. Other members can be seen here.
Matsuri has occasionally done streams where she impersonated or talked like a loli, however, on March 2, 2020 she debuted a new Live2D Avatar, featuring a 6 year old version of herself. She also used this avatar during the Hololive Kindergarten Collab on Ookami Mio's channel.
Mamatsuri is Matsuri's real mother who looks and sounds younger than her daughter. Mamatsuri appeared on stream together with Matsuri where they read marshmallows together. Mamatsuri also did a collaboration with her daughter in Inuyama Tamaki's channel. In both streams, they read marshmallows sent by fans and answered questions about the relationship between the mother and daughter pair and told stories of a young Matsuri. She also has her own twitter account.
Mamatsuri also shares the same artist as Loli Matsuri.
Matsuhiko is Matsuri's male persona that debuted on September 27, 2019. Matsuhiko has a more cool and easy-going personality in contrast to Matsuri who is very energetic and hyper. During his debut stream, he mentioned that he doesn't have too many friends. This makes him more of a loner in personality compared to the very outgoing nature of his counterpart.
Matsuhiko has collaborated with Shirakami Fubuki's alter persona Kurokami on December 4, 2019, playing the game Super Bunny Man.
Natsuiro Matsuhiko's full body
|No speculations and rumors, just fun facts!|
Main full body
(by Minamura Haruki)
From "LIVER DIVER"
(by Shigure Ui)
Main Concept Illustration
(by Minamura Haruki)
The following are original songs by Matsuri.
The Summer Flower I Gaze Upon with You
Shiny Smily Story
Kirameki Rider [hololive 1st fes. "Nonstop Story"]
The following are a list of albums Matsuri has made or participated in.
The following are a list of songs covered by Matsuri.
The following are a list of background music Matsuri has used in her streams and videos.
- Ebifrion reads marshmallow
- Natsuiro Matsuri reads marshmallow with Mamatsuri
- Mamatsuri scolds Matsuri during a Pee-holding stream