"Polka oru ka? Oru yo!"
|English Name||Omaru Polka|
|Debut Date||August 16, 2020 (YouTube)|
|Member of||hololive 5th Gen|
|Fan Name||Omaru Troupe / Omaru-za (おまる座)|
|YouTube||Polka Ch. 尾丸ポルカ|
|Age||██ years old|
|• Legend of Polka|
Introduction Video[edit source]
Official Bio[edit source]
"A circus performer who joined hololive in hopes of becoming the ringmaster of the VTuber world.
She enjoys wowing audiences with acrobatics, and she lives by the words, 'When you've decided you're gonna do something, follow through!'
Her natural charm glosses over her occasional mess-ups."
Omaru Polka (尾丸ポルカ) is a member of the 5th generation of Hololive talents, and debuted on August 16, 2020. She is a quarter-part fennec circus-less ring mistress who decided to turn Hololive into her circus.
She streams talk streams, singing/karaoke streams and sometimes game streams, even if by her own admission she is not very good at them. She tried keeping a stream schedule at first, but eventually gave up: dubbing herself a "guerrilla queen", she now schedules her own streams from anywhere between 15 minutes to 2 hours in advance with next to no prior warning, and at unpredictable times ranging from early in the morning to very late at night.
Because of her circus theming, Polka's representative mark is a circus tent (🎪). A bell (🔔) is also associated with Polka by her fans because of her prolific use of it in streams.
Polka is highly energetic, and often speaks faster than even native Japanese viewers are capable of understanding. Her emotions fluctuate wildly: one moment she is extremely loud and energetic, and the next she is quiet and subdued.
Polka's streams are chaotic: she talks fast and loose, jumping quickly to and from a variety of topics. Even if she has a list of talking points, she quickly veers into related tangents, only returning to the original topic after a long time. Her unpredictability extends to how she plays games; this is more noticeable in open world games, like Minecraft and ARK, where she plays with a plan in mind which eventually gets abandoned in favor of doing something else entirely that catches her attention on the spot. Her in-game projects are often stalled by these distractions despite her intention to work hard on them, though when she does complete one it is after numerous adventurous detours.
By her own account, Polka is easily affected by the weather, in particular atmospheric pressure. If she decides to stream on a day with low pressure, she almost always starts with less energy than usual; eventually she perks back up as she has fun doing whatever activity she is streaming. On more than one occasion she has streamed 2+ hours of karaoke early in the morning simply because she had a headache and thought to get rid of it by singing.
Like Marine, Polka is knowledgeable about 90s and 2000s anime and otaku culture, and is touchy about her age.
Legend of Polka[edit source]
Starting on April 29, 2021, Polka started releasing 10-12 minute weekly videos dubbed Legend of Polka (ポルカの伝説). In each video, the Hololive staff member Ms. Izutsu (井筒さん) brings a new situation for Polka to react and respond to, such as manga Polka made in her childhood, or kids asking Polka for advice in various topics.
A playlist of all the Legend of Polka episodes can be found here.
Polka Radio Ka[edit source]
Starting September 14th, 2021, Polka began releasing a weekly project called Polka Radio Ka (ポルカラジオカ). This is a "short radio" project, with each audio-only video lasting around 10 minutes and focusing on 1 to 3 topics. This radio show is designed to be a more relaxed and personal project, in contrast with Polka's more energetic streams, and the more involved production of Legend of Polka.
|"Polka Radio Ka" Episode List|
|1||【ポルカラジオカ】#01 ～変わりたくないポルカ～||September 17, 2021|
|2||【ポルカラジオカ】#02 ～変わりそうですか？ポルカ～||September 24, 2021|
|3||【ポルカラジオカ】#03 ～投稿した日が金曜日です～||October 2, 2021|
|4||【ポルカラジオカ】#04 ～プレゼント何が欲しい？～||October 8, 2021|
|5||【ポルカラジオカ】#05 ～人と人という字はなんだっけ～||October 15, 2021|
- June 05 Created her YouTube account.
- June 10 Created her Twitter account.
- Aug. 16 Achieved a 100,000 subscriber milestone on YouTube a few minutes before her debut.
- Aug. 16 Officially debuted on YouTube.
- Aug. 22 Achieved a 200,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Sep. 11 Membership feature opened.
- Oct. 11 Achieved a 300,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Nov. 28 Achieved a 400,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Jan. 01 Revealed New Years outfit.
- Jan. 09 Achieved a 500,000 YouTube subscriber milestone during a Minecraft Stream in which she finished building a circus tent.
- Jan. 10 Debuted her 3D Model.
- Mar. 07 Achieved a 600,000 YouTube subscriber milestone during a karaoke stream.
- May. 30 Achieved a 700,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Jun. 13 Main Live2D model was updated.
- Aug. 26 Revealed her third Live2D outfit.
- Aug. 28 Achieved a 800,000 YouTube subscriber milestone during a karaoke stream. It was advertised as a chit-chat stream at first, because as Polka says, "songs are a language".
Streaming Information[edit source]
Stream Rules[edit source]
For the main page, see Stream Rules.
Polka has the following streaming rules in her streams' descriptions:
Polka's fans are collectively called "Omaru-za" (おまる座, "The Omaru Troupe"). Individual fans are called "Zain" (座員, "Troupe members"). They are represented by a small fennec-like mascot from a fan-made Zain dress-up maker that was ultimately adopted and made official by Polka herself.
|Scene||Lines||Romaji||Meaning / Notes|
|Greetings||ポルカおるか？おるよ！||Poruka oru ka? Oru yo!||Rough: "Is Polka here? I'm here!"|
|Farewell||ポルカ終わるか||Poruka owaru ka||Roughly: "Polka is over!"|
|Scene||Lines||Romaji||Meaning / Notes|
|Waiting||ポルカおるか？||Poruka oru ka?||Roughly: "Is Polka here?"|
|Farewell||ポルカ終わるか？||Poruka owaru ka?||Roughly: "Is Polka over?"|
|Badges and Emoji||Perk Levels|
Other Media[edit source]
Legendary Streams[edit source]
The following streams are considered legendary streams by Polka's fans.
- Her favorite color is red.
- She claims to have no particular favorite or disliked foods, but there are flavors she enjoys a lot. For example:
- Polka's eyes have a symbol in the center of the pupil that changes depending on her expression. The symbols are based on the French card suits, with a star replacing the diamonds.
- Polka has only a pair of fennec ears, with no human ears.
- Polka's last name "Omaru" (尾丸) can be read as "round tail". She is very proud of her super fluffy tail, and it's definitely real.
- When asked about if she's an introvert or an extrovert, Polka says she's "neutral".
- She is a fan of music idols. Her karaoke repertoire includes songs from many idol groups like Dempagumi.inc, Morning Musume or Momoiro Clover Z, just to name a few.
- Has a notoriously poor sense of direction in games. Coupled with her curious and unpredictable nature, her gaming streams are equal parts getting lost and getting back again.
- One of her streaming quirks is the ending fade-out: as her stream ending sequence plays, she frequently keeps talking over it, her voice volume fading out gradually.
- When Polka reads Superchats, she plays the Superchat Song that a fan made for her. It is customary during this time that her fans copy and paste a brief reading of the lyrics of the song:
- Even if she cannot speak English, Polka frequently tries to engage with her foreign fans:
- At the start of most streams, after her greeting in Japanese, she always greets everyone in the world in English: "Good morning, good evening, good afternoon!"
- She has played Among Us, in English, with fans around the world. 
- Polka has talked frequently about her interactions with her "very cute" manager, Mane-chan (マネちゃん).
- During her childhood, Polka joined the girl scouts because she thought the uniform was cute.
- Polka's mom watches her daughter's streams.
- She is part of Polka's YouTube membership, and pays close attention to what the viewers are commenting about her daughter.
- Eventually she was featured in an episode of Legend of Polka, in which Polka checks in with her mom on on a phone call.
- At some point between November and December 2020, after Polka's first Ring Fit Adventure stream, her mom took Polka's Ring-con and game and started playing herself. By the time the episode of Legend of Polka that features her was filmed, she was Level 175 in the game.
- Polka suffers from frequent headaches whenever there is low atmospheric pressure. She has struggled with these her entire life, and frequently takes pain-relievers as a result.
- Polka is afraid of dentists:
- When she was young, a botched dental operation caused her to develop a blister/growth in her upper jaw, causing a slight speech impediment: her pronounciation of the "nya, nyi, nyu, nye, nyo" sounds are more like ni-tya, ni-tyi, ni-tyu, ni-tye, ni-tyo. It is possible to remove said growth, but as it would be very painful, would require anesthesia, and there is no guarantee it will not come back, combined with her fear of dentists, Polka just decided to live with it.
- Polka started having tooth pains in 2021. Mid-May, she decided to go to the dentist, but not before having a nearly 2-hour-long karaoke stream to give herself courage.  This eventually led to her making regular visits to the dentist, until she completed her treatment at the end of July.
- Polka works very hard behind the scenes in many projects, and not just for herself: for example, she was involved in designing the merchandise for the Bloom, concert, and was the one who came up with the idea of the metallic floral charms instead of the more common acrylic keychains.
- Polka a playlist called 🔴NOW on her channel. By the description, she intends to complete the games/projects she has added to this playlist.
- While other members read Superchat donations at the end of streams or on semi-regularly scheduled streams, Polka can go for weeks and even months without a single Superchat reading stream. Instead of letting months of donations accumulate, Polka found solution: adding the names of Superchat donors as credits in Legend of Polka (Including, of course, the Superchat song).
- Shares the same Illustrator with the following VTubers:
- Is one of the Hololive Production VTubers with a verified YouTube channel. Other verified members can be found here.
- Polka's character is PolPol, a Mage with a Polka-inspired skin and the unique class Pirika Circus CEO.
- The participating members of this collaboration are: Shirakami Fubuki, Shishiro Botan, Yukihana Lamy, Omaru Polka and Momosuzu Nene.
- The collaboration includes: special event tickets, Hololive talents making ride and attraction announcements, decorations in the main entrance, stamp and attraction rallies, various collaboration foods and merchandise.
- OHAPOL: Polka's "Good morning" greeting in Twitter.
- HIRUPOL: Another greeting, when her first Twitter post of the day occurs around noon.
- OYAPOL: Good night greeting, said by Polka on Twitter when she goes to sleep.
- POLMAO: A portmanteau of POL and LMAO.
- POLTATO PC: Used to describe the old computer Polka was using when she started streaming.
- After her first anniversary, Polka changed her Twitter profile from "尾丸ポルカ🎪ホロライブ5期生" to "尾丸ポルカ🎪ぽロライブぽ期生". She reverted it back after a couple of weeks.
- Maracas, Güiro, Duck sound maker, Big duck sound maker, Castanets, Mini horn (bike horn), Otamatone, Cajon, Cajon shaped maracas, Vibraslap, Triangle, Various whistles, Chimes, Cowbell, Mokugyo ,Duck whistle, Crow whistle, Baby rattle, Ceremonial bells, Snare drum, Tambourine, Agogo bell, Flexatone, Shinobue flute, Kalimba, Harmonica, Hand bell, Ukulele, MIDI trigger pad, Glockenspiel. 
- For her 2021 Birthday, she received the following instruments as presents from the fans: Tamayurarin Buddhist Bell, Pachi Pachi Clappy, Red-Blue Clapper/Hand Rattle, Kazoo, Alto Recorder, Street Drum, Vuvuzela, Tongue Drum, Accordion. 
|No speculations and rumors, just fun facts!|
Image Gallery[edit source]
Main full body
(by Kou Mashiro)
Hololive Summer Festival
Main Concept Illustration
(by Kou Mashiro)
From Molly Online Crane Game
Original Songs[edit source]
The following are original songs by Polka.
The following are a list of albums Polka has made or participated in.
Cover Songs[edit source]
The following are a list of songs covered by Polka.
The following are a list of background music Polka has used in her streams and videos.
|Made for Polka|
|From Other Sources|