"Polka oru ka? Oru yo!"
|English Name||Omaru Polka|
|Debut Date||August 16, 2020 (YouTube)|
|Live2D Modeling||Main: Date(ﾀﾞﾃ)|
|Member of||Hololive 5th Gen|
|Fan Name||Omaru-za (おまる座)|
|YouTube||Polka Ch. 尾丸ポルカ|
|Age||██ years old|
"A circus performer who joined hololive in hopes of becoming the ringmaster of the VTuber world. She enjoys wowing audiences with acrobatics, and lives by the words, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." If you ask her, her occasional mess ups are also part of her charm."
Omaru Polka (尾丸ポルカ) is a member of the 5th generation of Hololive talents, and debuted on August 16, 2020. She is a quarter-part fennec circus-less ring mistress who decided to turn Hololive into her circus.
She streams talk streams, singing/karaoke streams and sometimes game streams, even if by her own admission she is not very good at them. She tried keeping a stream schedule at first, but eventually gave up: dubbing herself a "guerrilla queen", she now schedules her own streams from anywhere between 15 minutes to 2 hours in advance with next to no prior warning, and at unpredictable times ranging from early in the morning to very late at night.
Because of her circus theming, Polka's representative mark is a circus tent (🎪). A bell (🔔) is also associated with Polka by her fans because of her prolific use of it in streams.
Polka is highly energetic, and often speaks faster than even native Japanese viewers are capable of understanding. Her emotions fluctuate wildly: one moment she is extremely loud and energetic, and the next she is quiet and subdued.
Polka's streams are chaotic: she talks fast and loose, jumping quickly to and from a variety of topics. Even if she has a list of talking points, she quickly veers into related tangents, only returning to the original topic after a long time. Her unpredictability extends to how she plays games; this is more noticeable in open world games, like Minecraft and ARK, where she plays with a plan in mind which eventually gets abandoned in favor of doing something else entirely that catches her attention on the spot. Her in-game projects are often stalled by these distractions despite her intention to work hard on them, though when she does complete one it is after numerous adventurous detours.
By her own account, Polka is easily affected by the weather, in particular atmospheric pressure. If she decides to stream on a day with low pressure, she almost always starts with less energy than usual; eventually she perks back up as she has fun doing whatever activity she is streaming. On more than one occasion she has streamed 2+ hours of karaoke early in the morning simply because she had a headache and thought to get rid of it by singing.
Like Marine, Polka is knowledgeable about 90s and 2000s anime and otaku culture, and is touchy about her age.
- June 05 Created her YouTube account.
- June 10 Created her Twitter account.
- Aug. 16 Achieved a 100,000 subscriber milestone on YouTube a few minutes before her debut.
- Aug. 16 Officially debuted on YouTube.
- Aug. 22 Achieved a 200,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Sep. 11 Membership feature opened.
- Oct. 11 Achieved a 300,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Nov. 28 Achieved a 400,000 YouTube subscriber milestone.
- Jan. 01 Disclosed New Years outfit.
- Jan. 09 Achieved a 500,000 YouTube subscriber milestone during a Minecraft Stream in which she finished building a circus tent.
- Jan. 10 Debuted her 3D Model.
- Mar. 07 Achieved a 600,000 YouTube subscriber milestone during a karaoke stream.
For the main page, see Stream Rules.
Polka has the following streaming rules in her streams' descriptions:
Polka's fans are collectively called "Omaru-za" (おまる座, "The Omaru Troupe"). Individual fans are called "Zain" (座員, "Troupe members"), and are represented by a small fennec-like mascot from a fan-made (Ultimately adopted and made official by Polka herself) Zain dress-up maker.
|Scene||Lines||Romaji||Meaning / Notes|
|Greetings||ポルカおるか？おるよ！||Poruka oru ka? Oru yo!||Rough: "Is Polka here? I'm here!"|
|Farewell||ポルカ終わるか||Poruka owaru ka||Roughly: "Polka is over!"|
|Scene||Lines||Romaji||Meaning / Notes|
|Waiting||ポルカおるか？||Poruka oru ka?||Roughly: "Is Polka here?"|
|Farewell||ポルカ終わるか？||Poruka owaru ka?||Roughly: "Is Polka over?"|
|Badges and Emoji||Perk Levels|
- Her favorite color is red.
- She is a fan of music idols. Her karaoke repertoire includes songs from many idol groups like Morning Musume or Momoiro Clover Z; Polka is a big fan of the latter in particular.
- Has a notoriously poor sense of direction in games. Coupled with her curious and unpredictable nature, her gaming streams are equal parts getting lost and getting back again.
- Polka and her chat tend to use the syllable POL (ぽる) and substitute/add it in other words. Some examples include:
- OHAPOL: Polka's "Good morning" greeting in Twitter.
- HIRUPOL: Another greeting, when her first Twitter post of the day occurs around noon.
- OYAPOL: Good night greeting, said by Polka on Twitter when she goes to sleep.
- POLMAO: A portmanteau of POL and LMAO.
- POLTATO PC: Used to describe the old computer Polka was using when she started streaming.
- One of her streaming quirks is the ending fade-out: as her stream ending sequence plays, she frequently keeps talking over it, her voice volume fading out gradually.
- Even if she cannot speak English, Polka frequently tries to engage with her foreign fans:
- At the start of most streams, after her greeting in Japanese, she always greets everyone in the world in English: "Good morning, good evening, good afternoon!"
- She has played Among Us, in English, with fans around the world.
- Owns the following instruments:
- Maracas, Güiro, Duck sound maker, Big duck sound maker, Castanets, Mini horn (bike horn), Otamatone, Cajon, Cajon shaped maracas, Vibraslap, Triangle, Various whistles, Chimes, Cowbell, Mokugyo ,Duck whistle, Crow whistle, Baby rattle, Ceremonial bells, Snare drum, Tambourine, Agogo bell, Flexatone, Shinobue flute, Kalimba, Harmonica, Hand bell, Ukulele, MIDI trigger pad, Glockenspiel
- For her 2020 Birthday, she received: Tamayurarin Buddhist Bell, Pachi Pachi Clappy, Red-Blue Clapper/Hand Rattle, Kazoo, Alto Recorder, Street Drum, Vuvuzela, Tongue Drum, Accordion
- Since early 2021, she started frequently incorporating the kazoo into her streams. She'll start playing it in the middle of a game, during collabs, and even as a solo in the middle of a karaoke song. She has also released a kazoo cover of her first original song, HOLOGRAM CIRCUS.
- Shares the same Illustrator with the following VTuber:
- Hinokami Hikone of AXEL-V.
- Is one of the Hololive Production VTubers with a verified YouTube channel. Other verified members can be found here.
|No speculations and rumors, just fun facts!|
Main full body
(by Kou Mashiro)
Main Concept Illustration
(by Kou Mashiro)
The following are original songs by Polka.
HOLOGRAM CIRCUS (Kazoo Cover)
The following are a list of albums Polka has made or participated in.
The following are a list of songs covered by Polka.
The following are a list of background music Polka has used in her streams and videos.
|Made for Polka|
|From Other Sources|