Character design for Yuul B Alwright
(by Ninomae Ina'nis)
Sketch illustration of Yuul B. Alwright in formal attire, by Ninomae Ina'nis. 
Character design for Tiara and Uhu
(by Takanashi Kiara)
Image edit of Scout in a Crash Bandicoot costume. From session 4. (by Amelia Watson)
Illustration of Yuul B. Alwright with face paint dancing on stairs, by Ninomae Inanis, from session 4. 
Hunter Myth: Mythbreakers
|This article is a stub. You can help us by adding verifiable information.|
|Hunter Myth: Mythbreakers|
(Chronicles of Darkness)
|Game||Hunter: The Vigil|
|Game Master||Mori Calliope|
|Players||Takanashi Kiara as Tiara|
Ninomae Ina'nis as Yuul B. Alwright
Watson Amelia as Watoto
Gawr Gura as Scout
|Original run||July 21, 2021 - May 5, 2023|
Hunter Myth: Mythbreakers is a Tabletop Role-playing Game campaign played by the members of Hololive English -Myth-, using the Hunter: The Vigil Role-playing Game rules. Mori Calliope is the Gamemaster for the game. The campaign ran in varying intervals between July 21, 2021 and May 5, 2023.
Premise [edit source]
In the city of Mythton, Anytown, USA, a group of human hunters confronts the supernatural dangers that stalk the night.
Player Characters[edit source]
- Tiara, the falconer from the distant nation of Somewherelse, played by Takanashi Kiara
- Yuul B. Alwright, the University student with a dash of mad scientist, played by Ninomae Ina'nis
- Watoto, the bizarre mushroom and potion dealer, played by Watson Amelia
- Scout From Belt-buckle, the intimidating southern town farm-hand, played by Gawr Gura
Notable Non-player Characters[edit source]
- The Homestead Bar: The former base of operations of an agency of Hunters that existed 35 or so years ago.
- Madam M. Current owner of the bar, inherited it from her parents. Recruited the player characters as hunters for the agency.
- Bertha. Bouncer of the bar. Has done the job for 35 years.
- Vic. The janitor. Met Tiara and Yuul when they had their first supernatural encounter.
- Kid. A young kid who sells weapons and drugs, in a secret hideout connected to the bar.
- Uhu. Tiara's pet owl and best friend.
- Chad. A young man, leader of a fraternity gathering people who have encountered the supernatural.
- Isle S. Tanishu (Dr. Oopsie). A professor at the local university, obsessed with human regeneration. Yuul works as her TA, a position others seem to envy.
- Justin Time. Yuul's upbeat classmate.
- Neeta Friend. Yuul's supportive roommate.
- Ima Here. A tall, blonde girl, very fixated on Dr. Oopsie. She's the leader of the local Delta sorority.
- Father Watoto and Mother Watoto. Watoto's territorial parents. They live in a trailer in the outskirts of Watoton, by a forest in which there is a pharmaceutical research lab called Magadon.
- Scout's Family
- Pa and Ma. They own a farm and metalsmithing business, and Scout helps crafting metal tools and weapons.
- Scout's sister. Currently staying at the hideout in The Homestead Bar.
- Doctor Nice. A young doctor who arrived at Belt Buckle 2 months prior to the start of the story. He specializes in the elderly, and is worried by the news of too many elderly passing away in the town.
- Dr. Oopsie. Yuul's professor who has been working on a way to "save the world"
|Hunter Myth: Mythbreakers Tutorial Episode List|
|0||【HOLOEN TTRPG】Character Creation! The World of Darkness Awaits Our Hunters... 8}||May 25, 2021|
|1||【TTRPG】1st Tutorial session! TIARA'S BEGINNINGS||Jun 9, 2021|
|2||【TTRPG】 Meet Yuul B. Alwright TUTORIAL EDITION||Jun 15, 2021|
|3||【TTRPG】ᴡᴀᴛᴏᴛᴏʀɪᴀʟ (W.o.D. Tutorial Session w/ Calli!)||Jun 22, 2021|
|4||[TTRPG] Meet Scout!||Jun 29, 2021|
|Hunter Myth: Mythbreakers Episode List|
|1||【MYTHBREAKERS SESSION 1】Enter DARKNESS. Because It's the World of DARKNESS... ye||Jul 21, 2021|
|2||【MYTHBREAKERS SESSION 2】WE ARE IN TROUBLE 【TTRPG】||Aug 3, 2021|
|3||【TTRPG】 HUNTERS PARTY HARD Pt.2||Sep 21, 2021|
|4||【TTRPG】The Circus Comes to TOWN - EP. 4||Oct 12, 2021|
|5||【TTRPG】MYTHBREAKERS EP 5: Seeing Double||Oct 26, 2021|
|6||【TTRPG】MYTHBREAKERS EP 6: Hello, Neighbors.||Dec 7, 2021|
|7||【MYTHBREAKERS TTRPG】FINAL SESSION #mythbreakers.||May 5, 2023|
Streaming Information[edit source]
Each session is streamed on a different channel every time, so all the participants (Including Calliope Mori) will host the game at least once.
|Scene||Lines||Romaji||Meaning / Notes|
|Farewell||Otsumythbreakers!||A combination of "Otsu" and the campaign's name "Mythbreakers"|
|Scene||Lines||Romaji||Meaning / Notes|
|Farewell||Otsumythbreakers!||See Streamer farewell notes|
Sketches of the non-playable characters.
(by Mori Calliope)
llustration of the MythHunter Van from Session 1.
(by Amelia Watson)
From the Tutorial recap (May contain spoilers):
- The city of Mythton, where the story takes place, is located in the state of Anytown, in Weast (West? East? Could be either, or none) Coast of the United States of America.
- Watoto is from Watoton, located in the suburbs of Mythton.
- Scout is from Beltbuckle, an hour south of Mythton.
- From Tiara's Tutorial:
- The house where Kiara confronted a possible group of vampires is the hideout of a sect of a cult that is not active anymore, which is why it was in such a state of disuse.
- Vic is a bit of a masochist.
- From Yuul's Tutorial:
- There is something going on inside the school Yuul attends.
- Calli used The Hook, a very powerful monster, because her first time playing a World of Darkness game her character had to confront The Hook as well.
- Calli wanted to have a University fraternity dedicated to hunting the supernatural no matter what. It is an idea she has had for a while.
- Yuul's roommate, Neeta, was improvised: Calli came up with it right as the session began.
- From Watoto's Tutorial:
- Watoto's father was not supposed to survive the tutorial.
- While The Wyrm is an element from a different game (Werewolf: The Apocalypse, in the original World of Darkness), Calli likes its concept so much she is homebrewing it over to Hunter.
- Another character was supposed to make themselves known during the Magadon warehouse, with connections to Papa Watoto.
- From Scout's Tutorial:
- Old Crinkle's character was created on the spot, through Gura and Calli's in-game interactions
- Werewolves love Old Crinkle's moonshine, so they interact with him, if he is not hallucinating them. Maybe also the local furries love his moonshine too.
- Dr. Nice was never supposed to have a personality. He just existed so Scout's Papa could rant about him, but Gura (as Scout) pretty much brought him out.
- When Calli read Scout's backstory, she skipped over the fact that Scout had a sister, so she had to incorporate her during the session itself.
- ↑ (Jul. 21, 2021) Retrieved from https://twitter.com/ninomaeinanis/status/1404582445354131456
- ↑ (Sep. 22, 2021) Retrieved from https://twitter.com/ninomaeinanis/status/1440630908537634824/photo/1
- ↑ (Jul. 22, 2021) Retrieved from https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1417936703357136902
- ↑ (sep. 21, 2021) Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPQGyyPQEHI
- ↑ (Sep. 21, 2021) Retrieved from https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1440435355266605062/photo/1
- ↑ (Oct. 12, 2021) Retrieved from https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1448063312218890244/photo/1
- ↑ (Oct. 12, 2021) Retrieved from https://twitter.com/ninomaeinanis/status/1448074012203028483/photo/1
- ↑ (Jul. 21, 2021) Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2970h417AzI
- ↑ (Jul. 21, 2021) Retrieved from https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1417975498441854977
- ↑ (Oct. 12, 2021) Retrieved from https://twitter.com/Spiritsnare/status/1448037929566158851
- ↑ (Jul 16, 2021) Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxvoFyeC-Do
External Links[edit source]
- World of Darkness. Homepage for White Wolf, owners of the Hunter: The Vigil and World of Darkness licenses.
- Onyx Path Publishing. Current licensed developer and publisher for Hunter: The Vigil.